Problem raith SNF 2006-10-18 13:28:15: please report immediately if you smell smoke or electrical smell in Ebeam Lab

jwc at snf.stanford.edu jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Wed Oct 18 13:28:15 PDT 2006

Greetings:
VERY IMPORTANT!!!  CALL James and report to CORAL if you smell smoke or hot electrical circuits in the Ebeam Lab!!!
This last evening I smelled hot electrical or Burning Printed Circuit boards in the area of the rear of the RAITH platform.
As that they did not effect any changes in the circuits after the recent death of a PC piggy-back board on the vacuum  control card of the LEO SEM; I suspect the problem may resurface with continued usage.
Thank  you for being vigilant when working in the Lab.