Shutdown raith SNF 2006-09-19 16:06:22: RAITH System off line for BAKE OUT OF GUN

jwc at snf.stanford.edu jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Sep 19 16:06:23 PDT 2006

 Several water flow and water temperature problems this afternoon caused an automatic vent of the system chamber to air after a 1 hour time out.  I was unable to troubleshoot and effect repairs to the NESLAB chiller before the time out initiated(60 minutes). 200 - 500 ml of  H20 was added to the chiller today to bring up to normal 'full' level. Water flow cannot be verified to volume-- but water is flowing.
The Gun pressures are elevated and the FE-Gun trips off when we bring it up due to sudden increases in Gun section pressures.
RAITH Field Service suggest performing a overnight bake out and will initiate a service request with ZEISS SMT in the morning.
I expect to have this system back up and available to users tomorrow afternoon or evening at best.
Never a dull moment!
Thank you for your support!