Shutdown raith SNF 2007-04-03 15:50:02: Electron optics boards temperature exceeds limits -- system shut down for repairs

jwc at snf.stanford.edu jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Apr 3 15:50:05 PDT 2007

Good afternoon:
AT 15:10 hours we encountered a over temperature alarm on the RATH SEM's Electron Optics card when it exceeded 35 degrees Celsius.  I checked the temperature and flow at the NESLAB chiller and it is well controlled at 20 degrees Celsius.  Flow however is reduced from previous setting and large clumps of material can be seem accumulating at the flow meter valve.
System is now in shutdown mode until RAITH Field service can resolve this issue.  RAITH field service is scheduled to arrive tomorrow mid day.
Also attempted to reset the E/O card but it still is in alarm mode.
System off line to users until further notice.