Stanford Raith system is up for Users --- **** README: Special Cautions using the Universal Sample Holder. ****

James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Thu Aug 9 19:52:18 PDT 2007

*Greetings Raith Users,*

I am relieved to report the planned repairs have been completed on schedule:

    * Neslab chiller was replaced with the old rebuilt unit.  Flow
      through the system cooling  is 2 liters per minute (.4 gpm)
    * The new Universal Sample Holder (USH) on loan from RAITH USA has
      been tested and the pallet is level to within 1 to 2 um across a
      90 mm axis in U and V.

*READ ME:

*
*Special Cautions prescribed for use of the Universal Sample Holder:*
*
*
The surface of this sample holder has a excellent surface finish and
will allow precision placement and leveling of the USH to yield the
optimal focus plane conditions for your EBL Writes.

ALL USERS SHOULD MOUNT THEIR SAMPLES AND HANDLE THIS ACCESSORY WITH
GREAT CARE SO AS TO NOT SCRATCH OR DEFORM THE SURFACE.  ONLY TEFLON
COATED SS OR PLASTIC TWEEZERS ARE TO BE USED WHEN LOADING SAMPLES. ALL
SAMPLES ARE TO BE PLACED CAREFULLY DOWN ONTO THE USH AND WITHOUT SLIDING
WAFERS, AND ESPECIALLY SMALLER CHIPS AND IRREGULAR SAMPLES, ACROSS THE
USH'S SURFACE. PLEASE MAKE EVERY EFFORT POSSIBLE TO NOT SCRATCH THIS
FIXTURE.

The older standard sample holder is on top of the system if you wish to
use it for your writes if you cannot load onto the USH or do not wish to
risk scratching it.

Several Qualification exposure  were completed on 300 nm 5% 950K PMMA
and I will be performing a full PCM Qualification  on 100 nm resist
tomorrow morning during the 10 AM - 2 PM session.  Todays exposure
result passed qualification. Users desiring project or application
support, or seeking further fine tuning or training, are welcome to join
me and 'Share the Ride' during this session.

Thank you for your interest in Ebeam Technologies here at the SNF!

Good Evening,

James Conway
:-)