RAITH STATUS 18:50 Thursday 2-28-08 System is up and normal operations resume.

James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Thu Feb 28 18:44:06 PST 2008

    *

    Good Evening RAITH Users and RAITH USA Field Service,

    *I am happy to report that the RAITH 150 system issues with flags
    and large ripples in the SEM image view have been resolved.
    Today I checked all the sub-systems coming into the platform;
    chiller, turbo, vibration isolation pads and the ground connections
    and power supply to the system and all was found to be fine.  I did
    reduce the Chiller water pressure down from 60 psi to 40 psi while
    maintaining 2 lpm of cooling flow.
    I then shutdown the computers and performed a "red button' reset on
    the main raith power switch and allowed the Electron Optics and
    other controller cards to reset and then promptly resumed power and
    vacuum system pumping after replacing the air lock cable into the
    back of the system.

    My EBL session was normal and no issues were observed. I measured
    the normal 13 - 14 nm contamination dot with a 5 - 7 nm image
    ripple.  These are the normal values we see day in and day out.
    Yesterday these flags or image ripples were on the order of 25 - 40
    nm, and we were seeing cyclical jumps in the SEM image dot position
    moving back and forth in the Y plane.  SEM image and raith image
    acquisitions for write field alignment are crisp and clear and users
    will again be able to find contamination dots to perform the alignment.

    Users are requested to promptly report any further issues to the
    RAITH Coral 'make comment' section should any unusual artifacts be
    observed.

    System is up and we are resuming the CORAL schedule at this time.

    Thank you for your support!

    James Conway

    :-)