Problem raith SNF 2008-01-13 19:52:48: Stage Chamber Vacuum problem

koseki at snf.stanford.edu koseki at snf.stanford.edu
Sun Jan 13 19:52:48 PST 2008

I got the load lock error, and could not load the sample.
When I tried to load the sample, the Raith computer
gave me "Error Load Lock" tab saying "Vacuum in
the stage chamber is not ready. Please start pumping
and if ready press retry."
The Vac status (SEM computer -> SEM control
-> Vacuum tab) is "At air". So, I hit "pump", and the
turbo pump started, but after 5mins it stopped and
the vacuum status is still "at air".
Vacuum Ready lamp is off at the Airlock Control
unit (left side of the Raith machine).
I hit the red reset button there, but the situation
did not improve.
(Error lamp is flashing green)