Problem raith SNF 2008-01-17 18:25:30: system in pumpdown and initial test

jwc at snf.stanford.edu jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Thu Jan 17 18:25:30 PST 2008

Raith system update --
System is beng pumped down and we are seeing the usual pump down curve values over time.  Intend to reach suitable gun section vacuum and to restart the gun by 8 PM.  FE-Gun will need four to six hours to reach normal emission levels and become stable in Beam I.
Hope to return to Raith Champions by midnight and let users work overnight.  Would recommend no exposues requiring critical CD for stitching until after 0900 tomorrow Friday.
ALL USERS RESTRICTED TO NO MORE THAN 10 keV ACCERLATION VOLTAGE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!
ESTIMATE TIME TILL HIGHER VOLTAGES TUESDAY OR WEDNESDAY NEXT WEEK.
CALL ME IF THERE ARE ANY PROBLEMS.
JAMES CONWAY