Shutdown raith S turbo / mechanical pump failed

James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Jun 10 18:31:51 PDT 2008

Raith is Shutdown for all overnight operations.

Early this morning we lost pumping capability on the system when either
the Turbo pump or the mechanical pump backing the turbo lost
functionality.  We tested both and are still unsure as to the cause but
we will be switching out the mechanical pump tomorrow morning and
attempting to get the system back up for afternoon sessions after 2 PM.

We have replacement turbo lined up but wish to cover all bases to
rectify the situation.

Thank you for your support!