Problem raith SNF 2008-10-28 18:29:39: IEEE-488 stage and motor control issues

jwc at snf.stanford.edu jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Oct 28 18:29:40 PDT 2008

During my session I had difficulty maintaining my coordinate system in UVW both global and local gridds.  The mark positions shifted and several times the actual spot moved during focusing.  Finally encountered numerous failed target acquisitions and was unable to complete overlay writes on my wafer piece.
Users are requested to report to either raith list if they observe contamination dots jumping in increasing V axis or problems in the software control of the XY LIS stage or its controlling SW interfaces.
Finally performed several hardware resets of the computers and IEEE-488 Bus card and it is possible this will resolve the issues.
james Conway