Comment raith SNF 2009-07-22 17:03:50: NEED TO UPGRADE APPLICATION SW TO VERSION 5

jwc at snf.stanford.edu jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Wed Jul 22 17:03:51 PDT 2009

NEED TO UPGRADE APPLICATION SW TO VERSION 5!!!
running into recurrent issues during metrology scans where I am encountering windows OS to raith 150 .exe memory management conflicts.
after a image scan is completed, or more often when it fails, I loose my scan processor firmware or memory array access from the application and I can not continue image acquisition without restting all hardware and computer interfaces.  This results in about 45 to 60 minutes of lost session time as we reset and set up the entire job again if the project was not saved before the crash.
This is a known bug that only occasionally arises and it has been resolved in version 5.0 SP 1
I have negotiated a discounted upgrade package but will need some funds (~30K  ON A ~100K PACKAGE COST) to complete the upgrade
This will be more urgent as moret users enter iunto learning and using the metrology package to measure their samples, including the facatory acceptance testing for the new JEOL tool where we plan to employ the RAITH to perform the measurements and not reply on outside services.
James