Shutdown raith SNF 2010-08-09 17:49:23: computer problems on raith computer

jwc at snf.stanford.edu jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Mon Aug 9 17:49:23 PDT 2010

Several halts and shuit downs were encountered by users working over the weekend.
Today we swept the drive for viruses -- none found
we checked the C drive for errors and surface issues none found.
we cleanned up but diod not defrag the disk
no other problems found -0- but I cannot get the system to come up in the noirmal windows mode and conversely cannot run the raith150.exe application in that mode...
We will resume with Eric Wheelers help tomorrow AM...
likely will try a remote bootable disk or reinstall after repairs the OS...
Thank you