Shutdown raith SNF 2010-08-09 17:49:23: computer problems on raith computer

jwc at snf.stanford.edu jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Aug 10 18:05:21 PDT 2010

found no viruses or problems physically with drive
after more than 10 resets I was able to get it up in admin mode and it may have repaired itself during the last boot.
backed up the entire system to remote USB disk I maintain for this system, so all user and system files are backed up.
we are still having issues on the win xp OS boot
currently the file system and OS are restored and the PC is up
I will need to look into windows recovery and set up disk tomorrow to see if any dll or sys drivers have been corrupted.
anyone have a power supply test box?
never a dull moment,