Comment raith SNF 2011-08-26 15:09:00: we are now using recom until further notice. Use this procedure...

jwc at snf.stanford.edu jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Fri Aug 26 15:09:01 PDT 2011

We have worked out a alternative to resolve the API interface errors in the communications between computers that we have been experiencing this week.
We have now turned off the TCP/IP communications and resu,ed using REMCON.exe serial interface between the RAITH and LEO computers.
Here what to follow for success:
1. Start on Right hand computer we call LEO. Click desktop ICON called SMARTSEM or you can  press [START] + [PROGRAMS]+[SMARTSEM.exe] login as normal if you have established a new LEO account otherwise:
New Users use the training login passed newbie.
Experienced Users use the testuser login passwd test.
2. LEO computer [START] + [PROGRAMS]+[SMARTSEM]+[REMCON.EXE] to start the remcom serial comms. interface...
3. RAITH computer Press the RAITH150.exe
Or [START] + [PROGRAMS]+[RAITH]+[RAITH150.EXE]
3. PROCEED AS NORMAL BUT MOST FUNCTIONS AND CONTROL CAN BE PERFORMED FROM THE RAITH SIDE.
MANUAL WRITEFIELD ALIGNMENT NOTES:
START WITH THESE ZOOM FACTORS:
0.24 U, 0.24 V FOR 10KV 10UM APERTURE @ 5 mm.
BE SURE TO UPDATE YOUR W BEFORE WRITE FIELD ALIGNMENT.
NEED HELP HIGHLIGHT THE MODULE YOU HAVE A QUESTION FOR AND PRESS [F1 KEY] Context sensitive help will come up and it searchable too!
Need more help or support call 631-738-9500 8 - 5 eastern Time for support and tell then you are calling from the ebeam lab... Speak with Cole Loomis, Joe Klingfus or Kevin Burcham with RAITH USA field service.
Good Luck,  James