Comment raith SNF 2011-02-01 11:26:25: Piezo issues are resolved

jwc at snf.stanford.edu jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Feb 1 11:26:25 PST 2011

Working with fine support from RAITH USA Inc. Field Service by phone, over the course of several phone calls, we have resolved the Piezo post movement issues.
The problem was corrected when we power cycled and reinitiated IEEE-488 interface followed by a reset tone sent from the SW module to the EDA 3 post control unit that controls the signals to each Piezo Post element.  This unit's communications may have been hung up.
This problem surfaced the morning of January 5th, 2010 with the first measurements inidcating an error -- but did not present itself consistently until I returned to the system during late Januaries RAITH user training when we focused on making further measurements in troubleshooting this problem.
Tomorrow I will recalibrate the piezo post movements and then begin a round of measurements to confirm sample leveling is completing accurately and repeatably.  Mechanical adjustments to the Electrostatic chuck and the Universal sample holder if necessary are pending.