Problem raith SNF 2011-01-13 17:52:10: user reports of not being able to reach 5 mm WD

jwc at snf.stanford.edu jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Thu Jan 13 17:52:11 PST 2011

I was alerted to an issue where the Z motor virtual motor control would not allow the Z axis to reach 5 mm WD -- the normal working distance for exposure.
reset the RAITH hardware and windows application; reinit IEE-488 buss; rehomed Z coders and examined min. Z motor limit which is set to 1.o mm.  Tried a number of times to reach 5 mm WD under software control with no sucess.
Finally we unloaded the standard sample holder and examined it for flatness on the granite slab and it appears OK.  Transfered the substrate to the Universal Sample holder and reloaded.  nothing unusual was found in the std. sample holder or its placement in the Robot arm, but suspect the holder may have had a bad landing on the Stage mounts.
The USH landed fine and but the problem seems to not be resolved.
I have attempted to contacted raith to check for changes in the VBD over the holidays and for advice or items to check but did not reach anyone.
ALL USERS WILL NEED TO OPERATE ABOVE 5.350 MM WD UNTIL I CAN GET FURTHER SUPPORT
SYSTEM IS IN YELLOW MODE SO USERS READ THIS MESSAGE....
JWC
17:52 HOURS