Problem raith SNF 2011-01-13 17:52:10: user reports of not being able to reach 5 mm WD

jwc at snf.stanford.edu jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Fri Jan 14 12:32:15 PST 2011

Needed to perform a find home Z axis within the service login  to recalibrate the coder, reducing offset for Z stage.  Tested and teh Z axis  find its actual position and now think we have resolved the problem.
Were just 0.178 mm outside of the allowable Z stage travel limit last evening. now Z axis coder reads accurately every time to within one to two coder pulses. (0.015 to 0.030 mm)
Tested the system in three load uload cycles to confirm that the Universal Sample Holder was landing properly on piezo mounts as well.
This problem surfaced on lsf's account whom had not been on the system in some time and he likely needed to home the Z axis to update his user.VBD which concatenates over the RAITH150.vbd read on application launch.
back to green light status
If any user runs into this please call me immediately or home your Z axis to reset coder counts in your user.vbd
jwc