Shutdown raith SNF 2012-09-05 10:04:22: Clicking noise from Beam blank controller / high speed pattern processor

kcbalram at snf.stanford.edu kcbalram at snf.stanford.edu
Sun Dec 23 09:15:07 PST 2012

When the beam is turned on, there is a clicking noise from somewhere in the beam blank controller / high speed pattern processor and the stage position (X,Y coordinates)is fluctuating wildly.
I haven't seen this problem before. I am not sure the system is usable right now, hence I am shutting it down and reporting the problem to Raith field service.
Best,
Krishna