Raith is down until further notice. Problem: several nested interface problems to be resolved...

James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Thu Apr 8 17:22:00 PDT 2004

Greetings,

During a user session this morning problems were encountered with the
IEEE-488 interface and other communications busses between the RAITH
computer and the RAITH hardware.  (IEEE-488 read errors)
Specifically there was a problem with the interface that controls the
X-Y stage and the switching of the Laser to the optical coders used to
sense the Z height of the stage.  Initially this resulted in a Load Lock
error (5) i.e.. typically a hard hardware failure of the worse kind.  I
was able to clear that error and get the system to load and then ran
into problems with the encoders...

I spent the entire afternoon troubleshooting and have cleared up several
nested problems that resulted from a loss of  stage control and then
again a subsequent loss of the IEE-488 interface.  After reestablishing
IEEE communications, I have been unable to reestablish control between
the laser and coders on the system, preventing load/unload functionality
as well as re-calibration of the stage. explicitly (FIND HOME
POSITIONS)  This also prevents unloading the system.

Raith has been SMS'd and we will pick this up again in the morning.

I am sorry I cannot get the system back up for this evening, and for the
delay in your EBL work.
System in red light mode and shut down until further notice.