Raith down through Tuesday ...

James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Fri Apr 9 13:20:08 PDT 2004

Hello:

Despite best efforts from RAITH USA and myself  the RAITH 150 will be
off-line and in shut down mode through Tuesday afternoon.

We have identified a bad GPIB board that is interfering with proper
communications to the Precision stage controller and it is causing
errors and loss of functionality to the stage motor control and virtual
motor control modules in the software.

I spent this morning working through these interfaces and testing the
IEE-488 buses and communications and as of yet have not been able to
figure a way to establish a work around to this sub-system.  More work
on this latter this afternoon.

Raith is shipping me the boards ASAP...