ALERT: Prepare for maintenance and system down time next week. Maximize your throughput this week.

James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Mon Apr 26 12:19:13 PDT 2004

Greetings:

I am planning to have LEO and RAITH Field Service personnel come to SNF
to perform alignments and maintenance as well as to resolve the EHT
arcing problems we have been experiencing recently.  This will result in
some unexpected and scheduled downtime to users.  I am hoping to get LEO
in this week if possible to perform the alignments to the 7.5 and 120 um
apertures centering functions ASAP. This will likely eat up a half day
of day time usage.

Raith Field Service along with LEO experts will be coming in next week
and we could be down for several days to perform more bake outs and
resolve the arcing issue. (days and times TBD) I have already blocked
some time on CORAL next Tuesday and WED. but will offer these times up
to the community if they are not needed by the Field Service people.

My suggestions to All Users is to maximize your usage and throughput
this week in order to get as much work completed on the system as you
can before we come down.