[Fwd: Re: Shutdown raith SNF 2004-08-16 16:04:09: major system malfunction] UPDATE -- SYS will go offline Tuesday TBD.

James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Mon Aug 16 17:35:21 PDT 2004

Hello Raith Users and Everyone CC'd :

I was able to restore normal system functioning at least in Yellow Light
mode. See below...

Tomorrow afternoon, through the end of the week, I will be taking over
the system to effect repairs and adjustments to several sub-systems on
the RAITH.  There may be some overnight access to be determined for
users if possible.

Tomorrow late morning or just after lunch working with Zeiss and RAITH
field service, we will be going through what is a large tasking list of
things to replace, repair, adjust, and test.

Users can have the system until the time ZEISS and RAITH have arrived.
Please report all problems encountered and inspect your writes carefully.