UPDATE Friday August 20, 2004 1730 hrs: System remains DOWN for repairs...
jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Fri Aug 20 17:19:36 PDT 2004
Hello Raith Users:
It is with frustration and sadness that I must report that we have been
unable to return the RAITH 150 to a usable state this week. I do not
expect we will be able to resolve this situation promptly and expect we
will remain DOWN through much of next week.
There are a number of issues that have surfaced and we have been unable
to effect repairs completely by days end Friday. While we had very
capable people come to Stanford this week from both RAITH USA Inc. and
Zeiss SMT Inc. to troubleshoot the system; we are dealing with multiple
issues that must be resolved fully before we can perform quality E-beam
writing and move back within normal specifications in order to qualify
the system for user access.
Overnight we baked out the column and vacuum levels were superb but upon
bringing up the beam the problems we were having became even more
acute. This indicated that the column and particularly the Field
Emission Gun section (FE-Gun) section has become contaminated. We are
repeating the bakeout in an attempt to improve beam conditions in the
It was expected that Zeiss would perform a full column PM today and
bake out over the weekend, replacing the apertures and holder assembly
in an effort that would being us back up for more testing on Monday. but
we have been unable to complete this task today. We plan to continue
knocking off the issues that have presented themselves in the coming
days resuming our work on Monday.
I am sorry and I sincerely apologize to everyone for the negative impact
upon your work, for the many delays, and particularly the frustration
that this situation has caused to you and to the people whom are
depending on your work to be completed in a timely manner.
Persons with acute project deadlines should see me during my office hour
Monday and Tuesday, so we can consider either shifting the queue to
accommodate your needs, or transfer your project onto other systems
within NNIN. I do not expect we will be able to resolve this situation
Monday or Tuesday and expect we will remain DOWN through the later part
of next week at the very best.
Thank you for your support!
Ebeam Technology Group
Stanford Nanofabrication Facility
More information about the raith