ALL USERS READ ME NOW: RESTRICTIONS TO ACCESS AND USE OF RAITH 150 SYSTEM:

James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Fri Aug 27 23:31:24 PDT 2004

GREETINGS RAITH USERS:

The following restrictions are in effect until my return September 13,
2004 with no exceptions whatsoever:

As that Contamination caused the bulk of the problems we experienced in
the last three weeks I am increasing the stringency of cleanliness
requirements to normal practices for Ultra High Vacuum systems:

ABSOLUTELY NO CARBON DOTS, TAPE, STRIPS OF CARBON OR ADHESIVE ARE TO BE
PlACED INTO THE SYSTEM.  NO EXCEPTIONS...

ABSOLUTELY NO BRASS, BRONZE, OR OTHER HOLD DOWN FIXTURES IN THE SYSTEM.

ABSOLUTELY NO ADDITIONAL FIXTURES, HOLDERS, OR MOUNTS ARE TO BE PLACES
IN THE SYSTEM.

NO RESIST THAT HAS NOT BEEN BAKED AT TEMPERATURES ABOVE 150 DEGREES
CELSIUS WILL BE ALLOWED INTO THE SYSTEM.  NO EXCEPTIONS...

ALL PREVIOUS INDIVIDUAL PERMISSIONS OR EXCEPTIONS TO THESE RULES AR
HEREBY REVOKED.

    IF YOU CANNOT FOLLOW THESE SIMPLE GUIDELINES TAKE YOUR PROJECT
    ELSEWHERE...

UPON MY RETURN, WE WILL REVIEW THESE RESTRICTIONS AND MAY AMEND AND/OR
MODIFY AS SUITS THE NEEDS OF THE LAB MEMBERS, AND THE NECESSITY TO
MAINTAIN CLEANLINESS AND GOOD VACUUM PRACTICE FOR THE BETTER GOOD AND
UTILITY OF THE RAITH USER COMMUNITY AND THE HEALTH OF THE RAITH 150
SYSTEM.

Thank you to everyone for your support through this difficult time.  I
am going on leave and will return Monday September 13, 2004 resuming
with my office hour at 8:30 AM.

ARVIND and GIGI are in charge during my absence.
If you run into problems follow the "Who are you going to call
procedures..." posted in the Ebeam Lab and attached...

Ebeam Technology Group
Stanford Nanofabrication Facility.