filling in your requested time.

Dan Grupp grupp at snowmass.Stanford.EDU
Thu Feb 5 11:52:23 PST 2004

Gang,
   I think we need to have a rule about when you need to fill in your time
after you request it. It would be great if especially for overnight we
don't have to fill it in right away. That is, we still have to be there at
2 am to get the first half hour, and send out an email reserving the slot
we want, but it would be nice to be able to go home, and fill it in in the
morning. I want to put a limit on this, because sometimes times may be
abandonned. Further, ya just gotta fill it in, or we have to scour thru
emails to figure out if time is really free. I suggest that by noon that
day the times must be entered, or it's fair game.
   we could use a similar idea for during the day, so we don't have to
tend coral. For this is suggest that we fill it in by the end of our
requested slot, no following grace period (or not much!). So i make a
reservaion, starting at 11, requesting til 4, and i make sure that by 4 i
have filled it all in. So i only need to be there (on coral) at the
beginning and end, at 11 and 4.
    your thoughts?
Regards,
Dan

ps - i want to applaud our community for having such a respectful culture!
Turns out the STS community is worried about imposing self-regulation,
because many feel it wouldn't work, with not enough self-restraint and
respect amongst the users.

Dr. Daniel Grupp, Visiting Scholar
Center for Integrated Systems
Stanford University