filling in your requested time.

John Cumings cumings at stanford.edu
Thu Feb 5 12:17:30 PST 2004

All,

I agree that given the current system of emailing, it can be annoying to
look at coral and sift through emails to figure out what time is open.  We
all know that this is temporary and that users will soon be allowed to put
their whole sessions on Coral, but in the meantime we all need to be
considerate about filling out our time and not stealing other people's
time.

Despite this, I think rules like Dan is proposing are annoying, especially
when self-policed in a community setting.  I suggest a simple grace period
of 24 hrs.  Simple.  If people forget (even with a 24 hr grace period),
they should be politely reminded or otherwise contacted BEFORE their time
is stolen.

-John

     John Cumings
     cumings at stanford.edu
     Postdoctoral Scholar
     Physics Department
     Stanford University

     office (650) 725-1025
     lab (650) 725-2047
     fax (650) 724-3681

     Geballe Laboratory for Advanced Materials
     239 McCullough Building
     476 Lomita Mall
     Stanford, CA 94305-4045
In message <Pine.GSO.4.43.0402051141040.843-100000 at snowmass>you write: