PLEASE READ: New Raith Reservation Policy Semi-Final Proposal Going Into Effect 2/10/2004

Scott D. Andrews sandrew at stanford.edu
Sat Feb 7 15:08:53 PST 2004

Hi Guanxiong,

You are right that each of the two separate 5 hour reservations must be
made at separate times and in theory are allowed, but only if you have
competed the first before making the second one.

For example, if on Sunday I make a 5 hour reservation for Monday and then
another 5 hour reservation for Wednesday, my total future time is 10
hours, which exceeds the total allowed reservation limit (8 hours combined
for two or more sessions).  However, if on Sunday I make a 5 hour
reservation for Monday and complete it before making another 5 hour
reservation for Wednesday, then this is fine.  In both instances, the
actual time used is identical.  However, in the first instance, there is a
point in time, on Sunday, where I have reserved the Raith for more than 8
future hours.  However, in the second case, on Sunday I have reserved 5
future hours, and on Tuesday I have also only 5 future hours.  At no time
have do I have more than 8 hours of reserved time pending.  Does this help
clarify?  If not, please write the list again until we all have the same
understanding of the new policy.

-Scott