READ ME: Users are responsible for their enables and disables of equipment on CORAL

James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Fri Feb 20 17:41:38 PST 2004

Ladies and Gentlemen:

This last month I have brought to the attention of  a number of lab
members working in the Ebeam Lab the necessity of being sure to enable
on CORAL your own log in name and account for accesses to all equipment
at SNF.  This is particularly evident when a user neglects to enable
over another persons login as they hand off the system to the next user.
Today I was forced to give one lab member a written warning and
probation action for a period of one month.  There are also two other
lab members who have a verbal warning given since the beginning of the year.

This behavior is unfair to the others lab users whom are carefully
planning their research to stay below or within the monthly caps, and it
is against SNF and NSF policies on system access at our facility.
Finally it creates more work for SNF staff to clean up after these
oversights.

Users are individually responsible for their enables and disables of
equipment on CORAL and failure to do so will result in a verbal warning
on the first event and a written warning with probation on the second
event. Failure to enable over other users during this probation period
will result in escalation of this probation action up to and including
suspension of lab privileges at SNF.

Please be sure to enable and disable on CORAL for all of your SNF system
accesses.