READ ME: Trying to reserve thursday..-- RESERVATION LIMITSPOLICY RESTATED.

James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Thu Jan 15 16:52:43 PST 2004

Mark,

Thank you for your support!

>> Also, I wanted to let you know that Dan Grupp is going to use my time today.
What is the proper way to handle switches like this?

I think the best way to accomplish this is together both log in to CORAL separately
deleted your reservation and have him place his in the same time slot you opened,
and also post to the raith at snf.stanford.edu list informing people that you have
exchanged your reservations.  This would not be considered a cancellation.

I am interested in learning of peoples opinions and solutions on how we all can:

   * Streamline RAITH operations, particularly by reducing load/unload sequences by
     having several users load together and hand off the system smoothly.
     Load/unload eats up about 30 - 40 minutes, I think this would be one way to
     squeeze more write time out of the system.

   * Determine if a better policy towards reservations and constraints to
     reservations could be developed.
     I.e., ..should we reduce reservation limits or utilization limits, or possibly
     consider group usage limits, or simply adopt a first in- first out cue and not
     allow multiple reservations/person to occur.  This would open the schedule and
     should allow everyone access but I would expect with a longer time scale to
     get on the system.

        o Should we migrate some users back to the Hitachi, or to outside resources
          for EBL, when the system can perform the task.  (We were getting features
          to 50 nm on thin PMMA in december on this system.)

     This should open some interesting discussions on the raith at snf.stanford.edu!!!