Scheduling solutions?

Hendrik Bluhm hendrikb at stanford.edu
Thu Jan 22 18:00:33 PST 2004

Hi,
I think Mark's suggestion would be worth trying. Ideally, this would
constantly leave a number of open slots which none of the current users is
allowed to take. Thus less frequent users can always get on, and so can
anyone after waiting for a while.
If you are hiting the 10 hr limit, you and only you will be able to get
more time once you finish a write, so that there is no need for
"reaction time testing" when making a reservation.
The whole scheme of course relies on there being less than 24 * 7/10
= 16.8 users (or some people not using all 10 hrs). I am not sure we will
meet this criterium very well.

I think routinely working with email would be a less, but it should always
be possible to organise longer sessions by email if needed in particular
cases.

Hendrik

Hendrik Bluhm
Department of Physics
Stanford University

Work adress:                    Moler Lab
           			Lab. for Advanced Materials
Phone: (650) 723-4012           McCullough Bldg.
Fax:   (650) 725-2189           476  Lomita Mall
                                Stanford, CA 94305