Scheduling solutions?

Lindsay Moore lsmoore at stanford.edu
Thu Jan 22 18:22:55 PST 2004

I agree that it would be very useful to have a much shorter max time per
week for each user such as 8 or 10hrs.  Clearly, as with other equipment at
SNF (i am thinking specifically of the KarlSuss mask aligner) there can be
exceptions in special cases.  It is my impression that many people use the
Raith gratuitously, doing very long and involved exposure matrices or not
getting help from more experienced users, leading to a guess-and-check
writing scheme in which many writes are done when one could have been done
if more experienced users had helped out.  I think that a more restrictive
time limit would result in people using the Hitachi more often (when it is
working and if their write allows), people loading their samples in groups
(thereby saving 1/2 hr) and considering more carefully how long they really
need for their write.  Yup.

Lindsay