Scheduling solutions?

Luigi Scaccabarozzi scaccag at stanford.edu
Thu Jan 22 19:52:07 PST 2004

HI all,
I also agree that the quick and dirty way to have more users access the
system is to reduce the max hours/week, however I share the same problem
as Hatice: I do one single long write (usually overnight) every 2-3 weeks.

So, apart putting a limit on the max time, definitely we need to find a
way to book a full 10 hrs slot without fighting evry half hour.
Email may not be the best way but it should work fine if everybody check
his email before reserving any time slot.

Another idea would be simply to extend the reservation time on coral to 2
weeks (as it's done for the FIB in McCull), of course putting a max
hrs/ 2 weeks as time limit. This should be a quick modification to
implement in Coral(at least, I guess... John?).
That's also not the best solution, and would probably increase the waiting
time, but would allow more planning...
Gigi