Scheduling solutions?

James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Jan 27 13:49:10 PST 2004

Greetings Mark Topinka and Raith Users:

This is an interesting idea.  Similar to one proposed by arvind,
hendrikb, and myself as we all seek fair solutions to this issue.

For my take I do not wish to administrate the Coral reservations and
only wish to resolve disputes between people at the time of access.  I
will not baby sit people or the schedule -- there is no time!

 >> This would be a self-policiing rule, but if one notices anybody
violating it, ...
Once we agree on a straightforward policy my intention is to become very
severe with violations after the first warning...
If it come to the point where I must intervene then the user(s) get put
off the system with no access for one week on second occurrence, then
one month on the third.  That I expect would keep people toeing to the
line of the soon to be established new reservation policy.

Hopefully we can come to a consensus and a new  policy at our EBEAM Town
Meeting February 2, 2004.
We will likely run this policy for a trial one or two month period;
continue discussions on the raith at snf.stanford.edu list and then
reconvene and re-evaluate.

Thank you and keep the ideas coming...

James Conway