Scheduling solutions?: Diverge this thread:: Needs of long write time users.

James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Jan 27 14:12:19 PST 2004

Hello Hatice,

I understand your needs for extended writing sessions on your project.
The email lobbying idea would work -- but only if all users share the
limited resource fairly.  Unfortunately human instinct and their
inherent psyche reverts to hoarding behaviors in times of limited
resources being available to a large group.  This is apparent if you
examine the users on the system versus those desiring to secure
reservations and access on the system. To be blunt: The more aggressive
users may in fact get all the resource.

Query for ALL:  Would users whom needed longer sessions be willing to
lump two weeks work of access into one writing session?  That in effect
would give you possibly up to a 5 -20 hour writing session if you needed
it. (This is dependent on the final limits we will establish  in our
Ebeam Town Meeting.)

Comments invited -- reply to raith at snf.stanford.edu

James Conway