Scheduling solutions?: Diverge this thread:: Needs of long write time users.

Lindsay Moore lsmoore at stanford.edu
Tue Jan 27 14:22:54 PST 2004

I also like the idea of emailing the group to ensure that you can get your
intended time slot.  If you can get 1/2 hr reserved as the indicator of the
beginning of your time, and then email everyone to  let them know that you
intend to reserve 6 hrs but that you don't intend to sit at your computer
for the next 6 consecutive hrs I think that the reservation process would
be much less time consuming and annoying.  The current game where people
will reserve a 1/2 hr when there is clearly someone trying to make a full
reservation, or the ongoing battles of alternate half hours (you know who
you are) are a childish waste of everyone's time.  I am not a huge fan of
getting 7-10 emails per day notifying me of everyone's raith plans, but if
it is the only alternative to our current situation, i don't see much of a
choice.

Lindsay