Scheduling solutions?: Diverge this thread:: Needs of long write time users.

Mark Topinka mtopinka at stanford.edu
Tue Jan 27 14:56:52 PST 2004

Hi Hatice and other "long-write-time users":
      I hear your concerns, but I think that a simple 10hr/2wk or 8hr/2wk
cap (note: lower hours/user combined with a 2-WEEK signup window means
there will be ALOT of open slots!) really might solve your problems as well
as everybody else's.  If we impose a 10hr/2wk period cap, then I'm pretty
sure there will be many many 8 hour windows open for you (and others) to
sign up for all at once- no more waiting every half-hour to pounce on coral
:)  (I've done that too, and I know it's not fun!)    I think it's worth a
try, and if it doesn't solve everybody's problems, then we can try further
things.  What do you think of this proposal- do you think it would allow
you to sign up for the time you need?   -Mark