how 'bout this for a new trial Raith-signup policy? (relatively short email)

Hendrik Bluhm hendrikb at stanford.edu
Tue Jan 27 15:06:32 PST 2004

I was recently also amongst the short users, but I would probably not
participate in such a scheme, as it seems a little bit too complicated
and fabbing usually does not fit into predefined schedules.

I must admit thought that I effectively had my "private spots", i.e. the
early morning sessions.

Hendrik

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004, David Fattal wrote:

>   I don't know if I'm the only one in this case, but I need Raith regularly
> for quite short periods of time (3-4 hours). It would be interesting if
> users like me could have one or two reserved (understand preferred) spots
> per week, not necessarily in prime time. If we do need the spots (agreed on
> at the townhall meeting for instance), we could notify the users a
> reasonably long time before. However, we would not attempt to make Raith
> reservations at any other time. Also if we don't notify the users on time,
> we would lose the reservation.
>
>   does it sound interesting ?
>
>   David

Hendrik Bluhm
Department of Physics
Stanford University

Work adress:                    Moler Lab
           			Lab. for Advanced Materials
Phone: (650) 723-4012           McCullough Bldg.
Fax:   (650) 725-2189           476  Lomita Mall
                                Stanford, CA 94305