Can I reserve 5pm to 10pm Friday 1-30

Scott D. Andrews sandrew at stanford.edu
Thu Jan 29 14:34:39 PST 2004

> I would really appreciate it if you would let me reserve 5pm-10pm
> next Friday (1-30).  Many thanks.

I would like to request that today's new idea of reserving times far ahead
via email becomes the exception instead of the rule.  (Note, that I am
assuming the request for 1/30 is a typo -- byu already has this time on
tomorrow's slot). This effectively makes the game to be the first to write
email reserving time and brings up many questions of how far in advance we
can reserve.

However, I want to stress that I am not suggesting that we curb the new
policy of telling people how long you are trying to reserve, i.e. once you
have reserved the first 1/2 hour, telling people that you are trying to
reserve a 4 hour block.  To me, this is a very effective policy so other
users don't accidentally block the user making the reservation and at the
same time they know the next available time slot.

-Scott