raith email reservations

Dan Grupp grupp at snowmass.Stanford.EDU
Thu Jan 29 17:22:46 PST 2004

> but just for the record: I did already have a reservation going at the
> time.  :)  -Mark
Just for the record, i started this about two weeks ago. I'm glad it is
spreading. At that time, jwc honored my request by reserving the time.
-Dan

> At 04:18 PM 1/29/2004 -0800, Ali Javey wrote:
> >I also absolutely agree.  I'm not a big fan of the e-mailing idea.  It
> >makes sense to me to send an e-mail only when one has at least one 1/2
> >hour block of reservation.....
> >
> >Ali

> > > I would like to request that today's new idea of reserving times far ahead
> > > via email becomes the exception instead of the rule.  (Note, that I am
> > > assuming the request for 1/30 is a typo -- byu already has this time on
> > > tomorrow's slot). This effectively makes the game to be the first to write
> > > email reserving time and brings up many questions of how far in advance we
> > > can reserve.
> > >
> > > However, I want to stress that I am not suggesting that we curb the new
> > > policy of telling people how long you are trying to reserve, i.e. once you
> > > have reserved the first 1/2 hour, telling people that you are trying to
> > > reserve a 4 hour block.  To me, this is a very effective policy so other
> > > users don't accidentally block the user making the reservation and at the
> > > same time they know the next available time slot.
> > >
> > > -Scott

Dr. Daniel Grupp, Visiting Scholar
Center for Integrated Systems
Stanford University