Raith problem --> NO PROBLEM !!

Joseph Klingfus jk at raithusa.com
Tue Jul 13 22:05:04 PDT 2004

Greetings users.

There is nothing wrong with the pattern generator.

A key observation is that the Magnification Display of the LEO was not set
to Polaroid.  This is not the first time I have heard of this happening.  It
is set correctly when a user account is first added, but then somehow
becomes set to current output device.  So far we are not able to repeat how
it occurs.  Please check this setting the next time you log onto the SEM.

Important notice concerning "zoom exceeds limits"....
If you have never experienced this message before, then you have probably
always used a default WF size and have never tried to setup your own WF
size.  Within the Microscope Control window the relationship between
microscope MAG and WF size is only a very "course" field setting.  The "fine
tuning" is done with the AlignWF procedure and the resultant field scale
parameters (zoom, shift, rot.) are displayed/stored in the Align WF window.
There are max limits set on the DACs to keep their output response linear.
If "zoom exceeds limits" then just decrease the MAG for the given WF size,
this will decrease the needed zoom value.  This message is in no way an
indication that there is a deficiency or problem with the tool.

Joe.