RAITH STATUS MSG 2: Work completed on the system. New computer and file system. New SP 5.

James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Jul 27 17:44:45 PDT 2004

Greetings:

1. NEW RAITH Personal Computer:
Last week RAITH USA returned to SNF and we replaced the RAITH PC
computer with an entirely new and loaded PC.
This is a better unit than we had before has full memory SIMS stuffed on
it and should resolve the Blank Dialog Boxes problems we were having.

All system files were moved from the old hard drive to the new and an
additional back up of these files is also on the drive.

All users were reverted to the default RAITH150.vbd and you may need to
reestablish your user.vbd profiles the first time you come back onto the
system.  Be sure to check your standard settings if different than the
defaults.

2. Version 3.0 Service Package 5 was installed onto the system:  Many of
the software request we have made in the last year have been included
into this service package.  There are also new routines for stage and
piezo leveling controls which hopefully will improve focus correcting
using working distance for users using the Electrostatic wafer chuck.

3.  This morning I recalibrated the piezo leveling post using a
reference wafer I have retained for this use. I was able to get through
the calibration procedure successfully, but I am still not able to get
the wafer samples to level as that the system reports that the desired
leveling is out of range of the piezo motion.  Some mechanical
adjustments may be required to get the Electrostatic chuck to allow
leveling on our normal 4 and 6 inch wafer substrates.   I will be
getting more information on appropriate next steps to perform from RAITH
USA.

4. I have saved the setup files for the LEO settings for 10 keV and 10
um aperture and 10 keV and 30 um aperture.
    I have saved the write field alignment values for 5 mm WD, 10 keV,
100 um2 write fields.  Users can accept the prompt to accept these
values at the beginning of their run and you should be able to get a
suitable contamination dot just after you find your first focus and then
easily align write field before writing.

ALL USERS ARE REQUESTED TO KEEP UP THE LOGBOOK ENTRIES FOR ALL WRITES
AND TO REPORT YOUR RESULTS AS WELL IN THE RESULTS SECTION.  REMARKING
"OK" JUST MEANS YOU SURVIVED YOUR WRITE SESSIONS AND GIVE US LITTLE ELSE
TO GO ON.  PARTICULARLY IMPORTANT IS YOUR WORKING DISTANCE AND BEAM
CURRENT VALUES.

Users are requested to note all errors encountered in RAITH Notebook No.
2, now the current logbook so we can get these errors cleared up in the
database and system settings.