RAITH STATUS 03042004:15:00.00 SYSTEM coming up for users tomorrow - Friday.

James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Thu Mar 4 15:12:16 PST 2004

Raith Community:

The tip run in is going well...

We will have to delay our plans and Hold Off until tomorrow afternoon
before we can qualify and perform test writes on the system.  I am
hoping to get LEO in to make adjustments this evening -- but likely they
will not be available to start until the morning.

We will have to realign the gun mechanically, with LEO's assistance, as
that I cannot center the gun in the 30 um Aperture using electronic GUN
ALIGN X - Y controls.  This is a normal issue as we condition and run in
the new FE-GUN tip.

Emission is stable and within specifications, the delta of emission
between EHT 'off' and EHT 'on' is nearly perfect at 0.82.  This is very
close to optimal for the EBL system writes with reference to the normal
doses we use with relation to the resulting beam speed obtained. We are
targeting for EHT 'off' at 112 uA and EHT 'on' of  ~90 uA.  Nice
brightness too!

This is likely to get us all off to a very nice start with a very small
beam spot, I hope.

Please adjust your schedules accordingly,

James Conway