RAITH STATUS 03042004:15:00.00 SYSTEM coming up for users tomorrow - Friday.

James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Thu Mar 4 15:12:16 PST 2004

Raith Community:

The tip run in is going well... 

We will have to delay our plans and Hold Off until tomorrow afternoon 
before we can qualify and perform test writes on the system.  I am 
hoping to get LEO in to make adjustments this evening -- but likely they 
will not be available to start until the morning.

We will have to realign the gun mechanically, with LEO's assistance, as 
that I cannot center the gun in the 30 um Aperture using electronic GUN 
ALIGN X - Y controls.  This is a normal issue as we condition and run in 
the new FE-GUN tip.

Emission is stable and within specifications, the delta of emission 
between EHT 'off' and EHT 'on' is nearly perfect at 0.82.  This is very 
close to optimal for the EBL system writes with reference to the normal 
doses we use with relation to the resulting beam speed obtained. We are 
targeting for EHT 'off' at 112 uA and EHT 'on' of  ~90 uA.  Nice 
brightness too!

This is likely to get us all off to a very nice start with a very small 
beam spot, I hope.

Please adjust your schedules accordingly,

James Conway

Luigi Scaccabarozzi wrote:

>I'm back but I see you are still conditioning. I'll be busy again from
>1.30 to 2.30. After that I can write any time when available.
>I'll check back later...
>On Wed, 3 Mar 2004, James Conway wrote:
>>We are still running in and conditioning the FE-GUN,  performing
>>alignments and adjustments to the three magnification level amplifiers,
>>establishing the default aperture positions, and finally the stigmation
>>section alignments with LEO Field service.
>>We checked out the E/O board and EHT power supplies and feel confident
>>these sections are working properly.  The ELPHY plus and image
>>acquisition has been tested and appears just fine.
>>I had hoped to complete qualifications of the system this afternoon, and
>>bring on escorted users for test writes this evening.  To ensure we do
>>not run into further problems with the FE-Gun we will wait until
>>tomorrow to complete these task; while allowing the system to run in as
>>vacuum  return to below 9 E-010 Torr level.
>>It will likely be at least a day or two until we can test and run the
>>system at higher acceleration voltages.  I will need some time to test
>>the system at 20 and 30 KeV when we have suitable vacuum and emission
>>has stabilized.  In fact, it may be prudent to operate the system at 10
>>keV for as long as a week.  (Your comments are invited, particularly on
>>the impact that this decision may have on your work.)
>>All in all the entire picture is looking better than we were a week ago.
>>We have another brand new FE-Gun tip and the bake out took us down to
>>3.4 E -010 Torr level before we started running the gun up.
>>I have a cue of people whom are on standby and 'ready to go' as the
>>system goes up and they will run in this order:
>>JWC:  Qualification for resolution, line width, and stitching.
>>Arvind S.
>>Acremann -- stohr group team
>>We hope to resume the CORAL schedule with Cvenky session at 1800 hours
>>tomorrow -- Thursday.
>>NO operations above 10 keV are allowed until I have completed testing at
>>elevated acceleration voltages.  Likely I will be checking the this out
>>at 20 keV with jwson session Friday 0900. Users will be escorted on the
>>system through the day Friday.  Please adjust your schedules accordingly.
>>Thank you for your support!
>>James Conway
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://snf.stanford.edu/pipermail/raith/attachments/20040304/36e0043e/attachment.html>

More information about the raith mailing list