Raith Briefing 1700 hours CIS 101 System coming back for users 8:00 AM SAT.

James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Fri Mar 5 16:22:49 PST 2004

Greetings Raith Community:

LEO returned right on time this morning and together we realigned the
mechanical alignment on the gun.  All is good.
I have several groups of users whom will help in final testing overnight.

Qualifications are in progress and we are looking good at this point.
We have a very nice LEO electron microscope set up now. Performance is
much better than before we changed out the tip. Some minor fine tuning
to the mag. and stigmation amplifiers may be required early next week.
This is normal as the gun runs itself in.

For interested parties that wish to use the system this weekend --we
will be holding an update briefing at 1700  hours in CIS 101.

This weekend LEO is not to exceed 10 keV.  I would prefer if newer users
be escorted by Raith Champions or groups working in Teams.  Users are
requested to report all concerns and report error and problems you
encounter.

We  wish to maximize throughput this weekend and next week in order to
"clear the deck" so to speak. Hopefully this will minimize the negative
impact that this downtime has caused to your projects. Projects with
very urgent dead lines are strongly encouraged to attend the briefing.

Check your reservations on CORAL and remove them if you cannot perform
your write at 10 keV. Think about if you really  need all the time you
have reserved.

 The Coral schedule will resume at 0800 hours SAT. March 6, 2004.

Thanks to everyone on the RAITH and LEO teams for the extra efforts and
support through the last three weeks.

Yours,

James Conway

This should make everyone smile:

"There was a little girl and she had a little curl right in the middle
of here forehead.
When she was good she was very very good, and when she was bad she was
horrible."

from Bill Niell, LEO Electron Microscopy  which seemed fitting
considering the last ten days  in the Ebeam Lab.