Raith Status 1730 hours Friday March

James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Fri Mar 5 17:53:11 PST 2004

Greetings:

System has been working well through the afternoon.  NO operations above
10 keV.  All resist must be baked at temperatures above 140 C.  Please
see me if you have any question.

Users, particularly those not experts at SEM operations, may experience
some difficulties achieving good focus or stigmation initially.  My
suggestion is to say yes to the standard settings for 5 mm that I saved
earlier today and will update again on my session coming up at 1800
hours today.  If you encounter difficulties -- return to larger features
re-focus and stigmate, and then move in three progressions to smaller
and smaller features, carefully adjusting stigmation as you increase
magnification.
The mixture of latex spheres on the load station are very good features
for this.

 Users are also reminded that much less translation will be needed to
the mouse  controls to achieve suitable focus and stigmate because after
the PM was done less current is needed to achieve acceptable stigmation.
Remember: Move the controls very slowly allowing the monitor to update
as it scans across the sample. Reduced raster works best for this.

A slight shift can be seen changing from Mag amplifier 1 to 2 but should
not affect your write field alignment as that it is done in Mag. range 2
for most writefield sizes.

Please feel free to call me if you encounter problems or have any concerns.

Leo will return for final tweaking on Monday at a time to be determined
and it is hoped that we can progress to 20 keV writes early next week.