Reminder and Agenda EBEAM TOWN MEETING TODAY CIS 101 2 - 4 PM.

James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Mon Mar 15 09:29:47 PST 2004

Greetings:

This is a reminder that we will be holding the second EBEAM TOWN HALL
MEETING today at 2 - 4 PM in CIS 101.
During the last meeting we had excellent discussions. We hope that all
interested parties will join us again and continue to contribute their
opinions and express their ideas on helping us develop the best Ebeam
community within NNIN and SU.

Brief Agenda of Today's EBEAM TOWN HALL Meeting.

1.  Introduction:  James Conway

2 .RAITH UPDATE:
    Summary of problems encountered on the system after the recent
Preventive Maintenance and FE-Gun tip replacement.
    Plan of action for bringing the system back up and on line to users
this week.
    The importance of proper sample preparation for all samples and
materials coming into the system.
    "To Bake or Not to Bake."
    A new procedure and FAQ:  'EHT trips and what to do and what not to
do...  '

    Users community feedback regarding the performance and operational
status of the RAITH 150 system here at SNF.
    Do we want another ebeam tools here at SNF?

2. RAITH Coral Scheduling, continuing where we left off February 2, 2004.

    The new RAITH Coral reservation policies were met with broad
approval and we have received positive feedback from users. We will
continue discussions on how to improve system utilization and access
particularly during crunch and crisis periods.  Users are encouraged to
introduce their ideas on what we may consider to add to the current
policies:
       - 24 hour reservation window on OPEN Slots that appear on the system?
       - Reserved Open Access time and day?
       - Restrictions on RAITH utilization?  Any appropriate use? SEM
Imaging and Metrology use? Just EBL Writes.
       - Migration from or restriction of access to users on the system?
       - Other ideas of interest and concern from the community?

This is hoped to be a lively discussion with contributions from the
RAITH Users Community.

3. Ebeam Discussions related to the Hitachi H-700 system.    (3:40 -
4:00 PM)
    Report on recent activities and operational issues on the system.
Paul Jerabek.
    - Please review the errors you encountered on the system and report
your results in this session.

We will be starting promptly at 2:00 PM in CIS 101.

Paul Jerabek
Ebeam Technology Group.