RAITH Is UP and working optimally. Green Light is on.

James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Thu Mar 18 10:18:58 PST 2004

Greetings to the Raith Community:

With no small effort, we have completed the PM routine and returned the
RAITH 150 to optimal operational status.
The system and column are very clean with a very low HC background.
Users will need to be patient when focusing, aligning apertures and
stigmating as it now takes very little translation of the controls to
run through their full range.
Single shot dots are less than 20 nm.

Resolution and stitching have been measured and I will be posting images
to the RAITH swiki as I finish my analysis.

Stitching XY mean+3 sigma was 19 nm. This is a three fold better result
than the 60 nm acceptance specification.
User reports since we resumed performance testing have been outstanding
with all users reporting excellent results.

All users are requested to be very careful with all materials that are
introduced to the system to ensure that the column does not become
contaminated.  All materials placed into the system must be soft baked,
preferably hard baked,  to remove solvents and adsorbed gas residues.
All assemblies and sample holders placed into the system must be solvent
cleaned and baked in excess of 100 degrees for one hour, preferable in a
N2 oven.  Absolutely no Carbon or silver paste, DAG, adhesives, or
greases of any kind are to be placed into the system.  Please report to
James Conway if you have any questions during my office hour.

Free Dinner will be provided to the lab member whom obtains the finest
line or smallest gap on the system through April 30, 2004.

Ebeam Technology Group
Stanford Nanofabrication Facility.