Raith Update TWO WED. May 19, 2004 1800 hours... WE ADDED MORE MEMORY TO RAITH COMPUTER.

James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Wed May 19 18:18:44 PDT 2004

Greetings,

This morning I worked on the computer a bit and upgraded the amount of
SDRAM memory on the system adding two more 256 MB SDRAM MMIM.  We now
have a total of 0.78 GB of memory on the system.

Unfortunately this upgrade did nothing to change the errant "Blank
Dialog Boxes" problems users have been rarely observing.
It appears to me that this problem may be occurring more often as of
recent, and it does not appear to be limited to specific User logins on
the system.  I have seen one occurrence of this problem on other
applications that the RAITH150.exe in addition to the 'blank' calculator
John Cummings reported.

Please note in the Operations Logbook the number of times you observed
this problems in your sessions. BLANK BOX and the N number please.

Suggestions on what to evaluate next are welcomed.  I will be examining
the video board and its memory next in pursuit of the solution to this
problem.  Has any one ever seen this problem on other systems?