James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Thu May 20 10:06:46 PDT 2004

Greetings:
With the new In-lens detector we installed last week, the Auto
Brightness and Contrast controls are now a bit too reactive to small
changes in B-C. Give it some time and allow it to settle down and it
should result in a uniform Contrast and Brightness setting.  This seems
to work better in Full screen mode. rather than reduced raster, and is
better with faster scan rates than slower.  Default settings for
Brightness can be set to 50% and then slowly adjust contrast manually
for your preferred image gray scale values.

Hope users are settling in with the new detector and are pleased with
the improved imaging.
Charging on UVN- 30 is normal and you can reduce this effect with thin
metal layers on top of your PMMA layer.
SEE me if you have questions.

Yours,

James Conway