Mark Topinka mtopinka at stanford.edu
Tue Nov 16 13:54:38 PST 2004

This is a good point, Jien Cao-  We should definitely be able to make a
4-hour reservation inside of an open 5-hour slot, and my proposal from a
couple of hours ago, if read strictly by the letter of the law wouldn't
"allow" this...  Not sure what the right solution is, any ideas?  Here is
one possible slightly modified version of what I proposed earlier that I
think more or less addresses this concern: "on any new reservation of  3
hours or shorter, you are not allowed to leave any 1/2 or 1 hour block
between your reservation and any other user's reservation (before or
after)."  This is getting a bit Byzantine for my taste, what do you all
think?  Maybe the best thing is just an *understanding*, an unwritten rule,
that we don't make reservations purposely half-extending our reservations
into neighboring un-occupied half hour and hour-long slots. -Mark