'calculate time error'

James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Thu Nov 18 09:57:20 PST 2004

Greetings and Good Morning,

Frequently Asked Question #TBD: 'Calculation Time error' resulting in
exposure error on write.

I have run into this issue before and it is normally due to a invalid
polygon error, i.e., the feature either a polygon, square, or rectangle
may now be completely closed.  There are also other write errors such as
the file read: record length errors that could occur at the time of the
file 'save' on closing the editor.  This has been observed on patterns
written with the off-line software more often than with the on-line
software.

If the pattern cannot complete the  exposure times calculation you will
not be able to get the pattern to write properly and normally will
result in an exposure error.  This is very commonly encountered when
files were edited in autocad and converted to DXF and then converted
into GDS not using the RAITH DXF import filter.

Work around and good practices to follow that could help you :

Be sure to [save] often and regularly after making significant changes
on the editor [File]+[SAVE].
Be sure to [save] and [close] after you have completed your design of a
structure then reopen the editor BEFORE you begin an array of that same
structure.
I have found it best if I am not running other memory intensive
application while doing editing on the RAITH 150 off-line SW.

If Users have seen this and found other or similar solutions please
report to this list THREAD:  'Calculation time error'
and we can add your information and turn this into a FAQ in the  future.