rules: raith reservation

Jien Cao jiencao at stanford.edu
Fri Nov 19 14:53:27 PST 2004

Hi, everyone,

I don't know how it happened but all the users after
me deleted their reservations last night and obviously
no one even noticed (?!) the reservation table on coral
was totally emptied up for the whole night.  The result
is, after my write finished within my 2-hour reservation
frame, nobody came to use it and the equipment stayed
idle and enabled under my name for the whole night.

I don't really have a problem with raith not being busy,
but what bothered me was today I got a few inquiries
from others, some seem to think I've blocked the
system and kept using it (or even let other user using
it under my name, aka, "cheat") for the whole night...
This is definitely untrue, and fortunately this time I got
help from James who has kept the record showing
that my writing was finished within my own 2-hour
reservation frame and no writing occured afterwards
throughout the night.

However, to avoid further confusion among users, I
think James' earlier suggestions are really necessary,
i.e., new rules regarding the cancellation of reservations.
Hopefull raith won't sit idle for another night with
users complaining unable to get time.

Thanks for your time.

Jien